Masala Stuffed Orange Baby Bell Peppers
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina™ peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Ingredients for 1-2 servings
- 5 Baby bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour (also called gram flour)
- 1 dessert spoon of roasted peanuts (for those who are allergic-leave out the nuts)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- half a teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil to add to the spices
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil for the curry
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup of crushed tinned tomato or passata
1. Grind the roasted peanuts in a coffee grinder.
2. Prepare the stuffing by adding the chick pea flour, cumin powder, coriander, ground peanuts,salt, chile powder and sesame seeds into a small non stick frying fan.
3. Add the two tablespoons of oil to the mixture and lightly toast the mixture so that all the flavours blend together.
4. Allow the mixture to cool.