Cherry Pepper Chicken
A very meaty chile pepper that is great to add heat to hot pepper jelly or relish. It can also be stuffed or chopped and used in fresh salsas.
In Italy these first are pickled in vinegar brine then stuffed with ingredients like provolone cheese and prosciutto ham. After being stuffed they are marinated with herbs and olive oil.
1 pound boneless chicken breasts (cut in 1/2″ strips)
4 garlic cloves (sliced)
extra-virgin olive oil
4-5 hot cherry peppers
1/4 cup butter
1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes (cut up)
1 large vidalia onion (large dice)
2 Tbsp. red wine
Bailey Farms hot sauce
salt and pepper
white rice or fettuccine
1. Saute the 2 cloves of garlic in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add chicken strips to the pan and brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. Keep the pan hot and add a little more olive oil and then add the additional 2 cloves of sliced garlic. When the garlic starts to brown add the onions, and when the onions are translucent add the cherry peppers and saute for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the red wine.
5. Add in the butter and let it melt down. Add in the tomatoes and bring to a low boil. Adjust the seasonings to your taste using the salt and pepper and hot sauce.
6. Return the chicken strips back to the saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve over hot white rice or fettuccine noodles.