Baked Bacon Wrapped Velveeta Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapenos are the most popular chile peppers in the US. This is probably due to the availability and versatility of the chile. Jalapenos have a balanced combination of flavor and heat.
The demand for these have caused breeders to develop a broad range of varieties. You can now get jalapenos with various heat level and sizes. These can be used in salsas, stuffed, or eaten straight with cheeseburgers (my personal favorite).
- 1 lb Velveeta
- 12 Jalapeno Peppers
- 4 oz Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix eggs and 1/4 cup water in bowl to make egg wash.
- Cut jalapenos lengthwise, remove seeds and white membranes with a spoon.
- cut Velveeta into 24 1/2″ x 1/2″ x 3″ strips.
- Dip Jalapeno half and cheese strip in egg wash.
- Sprinkle with and roll in panko crumbs.
- Wrap in 1/2 strip of bacon and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy.