Tomato and Baby Bell Pepper Tartlets
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina™ peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1/4 cup (1 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 8 grape tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch thick slices
- 3 baby bell peppers, cut into 1/8-inch thick rings
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold dough and place on a work surface lightly dusted with flour. Roll gently into a 10 x 9-inch rectangle. Cut dough into 20 rectangles and prick each dough piece liberally with a fork. Arrange dough pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Chill about 10 minutes.
- Combine cheese, light mayo and garlic, stirring well. Spread a scant 1/2 teaspoon cheese mixture over each dough piece. Top each tartlet with about 2 tomato slices and 2 bell pepper rings.
- Bake 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until dough is lightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with thyme. Enjoy!
– See more at: http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2012/01/tomato-and-baby-bell-pepper-tartlets.html#sthash.1NS0SqCS.dpuf