Mediterranean Peppers and Olives Salad
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
- 3 cups sliced sweet mini-peppers
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup kalamata olives (pitted), drained well
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup fat free feta cheese
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Cut peppers into rings, cutting towards stem end and discarding stems and seeds.
- Put peppers into Ziploc bag. Combine vinegar ½ tbsp olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over peppers.
- Allow to marinate in refrigerator 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain peppers and set aside ¼ cup of marinade.
- Combine remaining olive oil and reserved marinade. Add additional marinade if you want the dressing to be stronger, and use less if you want it more mild.
- Rinse garbanzos well and let drain at least 10 minutes.
- Drain olives and then combine drained garbanzos and olives.
- Add in the marinated peppers and desired amount of dressing.
- Gently stir in Feta and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat
Number of servings (yield): 6
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern
Entire recipe makes 6 servings.
Serving size is 1 cup.