Hot Pepper Jelly II
This Caribbean pepper is famous for being the hottest chile pepper in the world. They come in a variety of shapes and colors(yellow, orange,green, red,chocolate). Not only are they extremely hot, but they also have a unique,distinctively fruity flavor.
It is the key ingredient in the popular Jamaican Jerk sauce. The habanero is also widely used in many different types of hot sauces. The popularity of this chile pepper continues to grow and is becoming easier to find on the grocery shelf.
- 5 Habanero Peppers, stems removed
- 2 Serrano peppers, stems removed
- 3 large jalapeno peppers, stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- 6 ounces liquid Certo
- *Note: We left all the seeds in our peppers for a spicier jelly, feel free to remove some based on your taste preference!
- Toss Peppers in the food processor until chunky, not pureed.
- Add vinegar and pulse a few times until just mixed. Pour into a large pot.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Bring to a rolling boil, and allow to boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain through a sieve, pour back into pot, and bring the liquid back to a boil. (Here, you can spoon back in some of the strained peppers for added texture or spiciness!)
- Boil for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add liquid Certo immediately.
- Pour into warmed jars, and seal.