Homemade Habanero Guacamole
This Caribbean pepper is famous for being the hottest chile pepper in the world. They come in a variety of shapes and colors (yellow, orange, green, red, chocolate). Not only are they extremely hot, but they also have a unique, distinctively fruity flavor. It is the key ingredient in the popular Jamaican Jerk sauce. The habanero is also widely used in many different types of hot sauces. The popularity of this chile pepper continues to grow and is becoming easier to find on the grocery shelf.
- 2 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped cilantro, or more to taste
- 1-2 habanero peppers, chopped (and seeded, if desired, to reduce the heat)
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients, but only about half of the lime juice, to a mixing bowl and mix well to the creaminess you desire.
- Taste. Adjust for lime and salt to your personal preference.