Habanero Gold Jelly
This Caribbean pepper is famous for being the hottest chile pepper in the world. They come in a variety of shapes and colors(yellow, orange,green, red,chocolate). Not only are they extremely hot, but they also have a unique,distinctively fruity flavor.
It is the key ingredient in the popular Jamaican Jerk sauce. The habanero is also widely used in many different types of hot sauces. The popularity of this chile pepper continues to grow and is becoming easier to find on the grocery shelf.
1/3 cup finely sliced dried apricots
3/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup finely diced red onions
1/4 cup finely diced red peppers
1/4 cup finely diced habanero peppers, with seeds or jalapenos, and scotch bonnet peppers combined
3 cups white sugar
1 (3 oz.) envelope bernardin liquid pectin
1. Cut the apricots into 1/8″ slices and measure into a large stainless steel saucepan with the vinegar; let stand for four hours.
2. Cut the onions and peppers into 1/8″ slices; cut slices into a 1/4″ dice.
3. Add to the apricots and stir in sugar.
4. Bring the mixture to a full rolling boil.
5. Stirring constantly, boil hard for one minute.
6. Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the liquid pectin, mixing well.
7. Stir for about 3 minutes to mix the solids, but put into jars before it gets too firm.
8. Pour into hot sterilized jars, dividing solids equally and fill to within 1/4″ from top of jar.
9. Apply snap lids and process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes if you choose.
10. Once sealed you can rotate or invert the jars while still warm to distribute the solids if needed.
Recipe from www.recipezaar.com