Habanero Avocado Cream Sauce
This Caribbean pepper is famous for being the hottest chile pepper in the world. They come in a variety of shapes and colors (yellow, orange, green, red, chocolate). Not only are they extremely hot, but they also have a unique, distinctively fruity flavor. It is the key ingredient in the popular Jamaican Jerk sauce. The habanero is also widely used in many different types of hot sauces. The popularity of this chile pepper continues to grow and is becoming easier to find on the grocery shelf.
2 jalapeño peppers
1 habanero pepper
3 tablespoons of lime juice
1 clove of garlic
6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Remove the stems of the jalapeños and the habanero. Boil the jalapenos, habanero, and the tomato for 10 minutes. Save this water.
- Place the boiled peppers and tomato into a blender.
- Add the 3 avocados (cut, peel, and remove seed first).
- Add the lime juice, garlic, olive oil, and 1/4 cup of the water you boiled the peppers in.
- Blend for about 3 minutes or until completely creamy.
- Store in a covered container or squeeze bottle. Refrigerate and use within 3 days.