Habanero and Cucumber Margarita
This Caribbean pepper is famous for being the hottest chile pepper in the world. They come in a variety of shapes and colors (yellow, orange, green, red, chocolate). Not only are they extremely hot, but they also have a unique, distinctively fruity flavor. It is the key ingredient in the popular Jamaican Jerk sauce. The habanero is also widely used in many different types of hot sauces. The popularity of this chile pepper continues to grow and is becoming easier to find on the grocery shelf.
- 1 1/2 ounce tequila Milagro Reposado
- 1/2 ounce Controy (a Mexican orange liquor, can also use Cointreau)
- 1 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1/8 fresh cucumber, sliced with no seeds
- Dash agave nectar
- Very small portion of Habanero chile
- Slices of cucumber, to garnish
- Salt and chili powder, for rim
Rub rim of a chilled glass with a piece of lime. Dip the rim of the glass in a saucer of salt and chili powder until it is evenly coated. Mix all ingredients in a shaker or blender with ice. Pour into the glass and garnish with a thick slice of cucumber.