Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Peppers
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers or Bellafinas, tops removed and sliced
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sliced sweet peppers in a single layer
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce.
- Place a spoonful of the buffalo chicken mixture in each pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with additional buffalo sauce and green onions if desired.