Asian Spicy Tuna Salad
This chile pepper gets its name from its origin. In Spanish, serrano is an adjective meaning “from the mountains” which is where it originated-in the mountains of Hildalgo, Mexico. The serrano is normally about twice as hot as Jalapeno (about 10,000 to 15,000 Scoville units).It is the second most popular chile pepper in Mexico. This chile is used mostly for salsas but can also be used in soups, sauces, chili or stews.Try these as a hotter substitute for Jalapeno.
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid White Tuna Packed in water, drained
- 1 Teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/2 Teaspoon diced green Chile pepper
- 3 Tablespoon diced green Chile pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- With a fork, flake tuna into small bowl. Mix in ginger, pepper, chopped onion, curry powder, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Serve cold.