Andy’s Five Pepper Chicken Wings
This Caribbean pepper is famous for being the hottest chile pepper in the world. They come in a variety of shapes and colors(yellow, orange,green, red,chocolate). Not only are they extremely hot, but they also have a unique,distinctively fruity flavor.
It is the key ingredient in the popular Jamaican Jerk sauce. The habanero is also widely used in many different types of hot sauces. The popularity of this chile pepper continues to grow and is becoming easier to find on the grocery shelf.
Original recipe makes 8 servings
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 Thai chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow wax peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 red chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Cook wings in hot oil for 15 minutes, turning occasionally. Drain on a paper towel-lined dish, then transfer to a shallow baking dish. Broil in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Melt butter in a medium stock pot over medium heat. Stir in hot sauce, garlic, jalapeno, Thai chile, habanero, yellow wax, and red chile peppers. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes, or until peppers are softened. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and pour over wings, turning to coat. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, and enjoy. Be sure to have plenty of water handy!
From CNM Catering