Vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad Stuffed Poblano
Yields 2 Chiles
- 2 Large poblano peppers, roasted
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup Diced tomatoes, fresh
- 1/4 cup White onion, finely chopped
- 1 Serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Chopped Manzanilla olives
- 1 tbsp. Chopped capers
- 1-2 tsp. Vegan mayo
- 1/2 -1 tbsp. Liquid from pickled jalapeños, or lime juice
Roast, peel, and deseeded the poblano peppers. Set aside.
Place chickpeas in a shallow bowl and use a fork to mash them up.
Add tomatoes. onion, serrano, olives, capers and mix well.
Add the vegan mayo and 1/2 tbsp. of pickled jalapeño liquid or lime juice. Mix well.
Season with salt and pepper and taste. If necessary, add remaining 1/2 tbsp. of pickled jalapeño liquid or lime juice.
Place salad in fridge for 15 to 20 min. (optional)
Stuff the poblano peppers with the chickpea salad and serve.