BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes in thick puree
3-4 red Bellafina peppers, sliced thinly
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes, adjust according to taste
6 ounces pasta of choice
1. Prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium high heat. Saute onion and garlic in oil until onion is translucent and garlic is aromatic, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, Bellafina peppers, oregano, basil, and chilli flakes and mix it all together. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Lower the heat to medium and add the shrimp. Let sauce simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Mix the cooked pasta in the sauce, or serve the pasta and ladle the sauce over.
Adapted from thetummytrain.com