Roasted Strawberry Basil Jalapeno Dessert Soup
Jalapeños are the most popular chile peppers in the US. This is probably due to the availability and versatility of the chile. Jalapeños have a balanced combination of flavor and heat. The demand for these have caused breeders to develop a broad range of varieties.
Yields 2-3 Servings
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1¼ cups + 1 tablespoon So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage, divided
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, cut in half and seeds removed
- 2 fresh basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons triple sec
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Toss the strawberries and ⅓ cup sugar together in a 8-inch glass baking pan and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- While the strawberries are roasting, place the jalapeno in 1¼ cups of the coconut milk beverage and place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Add the roasted strawberries (along all the accumulated syrup), coconut milk beverage (discard the jalapeno), 2 basil leaves, lemon juice, triple sec, and salt to a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the dessert soup into serving bowls and garnish with the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut milk beverage and the chopped fresh basil.