Raspberry Jalapeno Sherbet
Jalapeños are the most popular chile peppers in the US. This is probably due to the availability and versatility of the chile. Jalapeños have a balanced combination of flavor and heat. The demand for these have caused breeders to develop a broad range of varieties.
- Pint of Raspberries, washed & drained
- ½ cup sugar
- 3-4 slices of jalapeno, diced
- ½ cup water
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- Add the raspberries, sugar, jalapeno slices and water to a bowl and mash up well.
- Add mixture to a saucepan and set on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and some of the liquid boils down. Let mixture cool down.
- Pour mixture through a sieve or strainer to remove the seeds and collect mixture in a bowl. If you want jalapeno pieces in your sherbet add some of it back, this is optional.
- Add the heavy cream to the spiced raspberry liquid and stir well.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 3-4 hours and then pour into your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturers directions.
- Pour mixture into a container and freeze overnight or for several hours.
- Scoop into a bowl and garnish with mint. You can also chop up mint and mix into sherbet for a spicy, minty raspberry flavor.