These are very hot little firecrackers from the orient. They can be used to add spice to almost any oriental dish. They dry very easily and can be stored and used this way for a long time.
Yields 3-4 Servings
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese : 250g
- Tomatoes : 5 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies : 2 (chopped)
- Garlic : 7 (Crushed or finely chopped)
- Ginger : 1 1/2 ” crushed
- Green Bell Pepper : 2 (thinly sliced)
- Whole red Thai chilies : 5-6
- Coriander seeds : 11/2 tbsp
- Dry Fenugrek Leaves : 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves : 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Heat Oil in a kadai and add crushed ginger and garlic.
- Saute it until the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry them till it become soft.
- Roast the coriander seeds and red chilies and grind them into coarse powder.
- After 10 minutes once the tomatoes become soft add the coarse powder.
- Cook until the whole mixture becomes thick and starts to leave oil.
- Now add the sliced capsicum and chopped green chilies.
- Saute the capsicum for 7-8 minutes.
- Now add garam masala powder and salt to the above mixture.
- Now finally add the paneer and cook the paneer for 5 minutes in the masala.
- Finally add kasuri methi/dry fenugrek leaves, coriander leaves.
- Mix and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve it hot with Rotis or Naan.