Jalapeno, Mint and Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Jalapeños are the most popular chile peppers in the US. This is probably due to the availability and versatility of the chile. Jalapeños have a balanced combination of flavor and heat. The demand for these have caused breeders to develop a broad range of varieties.
Yields 4 Servings
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup thick plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno
- Place the garlic into a medium-sized bowl, sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and mash well to combine.
- Add the cucumber, yogurt, mint, lime juice, and jalapeno and stir the mixture until thoroughly blended.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend before serving.