Honey Jalapeño Citrus Salad
Jalapeños are the most popular chile peppers in the US. This is probably due to the availability and versatility of the chile. Jalapeños have a balanced combination of flavor and heat. The demand for these have caused breeders to develop a broad range of varieties.
Yields 2 Servings
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño pulp (see recipe instruction no. 1)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- About 1 orange
- About 1 Blood orange
- About ½ grapefruit
- Lime and lemon zest for garnish
- Use a Microplane grater/zester to grate the jalapeño pepper into pulp. If you don’t have one, use a knife to finely chop the pepper until you have a purée.
- In a small bowl, combine the jalapeño, honey, lemon and lime juice. Mix until everything is well incorporated. Set aside.
- Now peel and then cut all of the citrus into approximately ¼-inch slices — just like this.
- Arrange a stack of citrus on two serving plates — in any order you’d like, with about 1 teaspoon of the honey-jalapeño dressing between each slice.
- Garnish with lemon and lime zest and serve chilled or at room temperature.