Easy Pickled Sweet Onions and Peppers
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle rice vinegar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 6 Bellafina peppers, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Bring rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and dried crushed red pepper to a boil in a medium saucepan. Toss together onion slices, bell pepper slices, garlic cloves, hot vinegar mixture, and, if desired, thyme sprigs in a large bowl. Let stand 2 hours. Cover and chill 6 hours. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Cynthia Graubart, Southern Living