Crispy Salmon and Watermelon Mint Salsa
Jalapeños are the most popular chile peppers in the US. This is probably due to the availability and versatility of the chile. Jalapeños have a balanced combination of flavor and heat. The demand for these have caused breeders to develop a broad range of varieties.
Yields 2 Servings
- 2 6-ounce salmon fillets
- canola oil
- 20-ounces watermelon, diced
- 0.4-ounce cilantro, chopped
- 0.15-ounce mint, chopped
- 2-ounce red onion, finely diced
- 0.7-ounce jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 lime
- 0.75-ounce pistachios, roughly chopped
- Pat salmon dry and liberally season with salt and pepper.
- Place a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons canola oil. When oil starts to simmer, place the salmon in the pan (skin side down). Cook without moving for 3 minutes then flip over. Cook until crispy on the outside and just cooked through in the center (about 3 minutes).
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the watermelon, cilantro, mint, red onion, and jalapeño. Squeeze juice from lime over. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon on plate and spoon salsa over. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.