Jalapeños are the most popular chile peppers in the US. This is probably due to the availability and versatility of the chile. Jalapeños have a balanced combination of flavor and heat. The demand for these have caused breeders to develop a broad range of varieties.
Yields 4 Servings
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 (5-inch) mint sprigs (about 1/2 ounce)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes.
- Strain cranberry mixture through a fine mesh sieve into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish; discard solids.
- Cool to room temperature; stir in lime juice.
- Cover and freeze for about 45 minutes. Stir cranberry mixture every 45 minutes until completely frozen (about 3 hours).
- Remove mixture from freezer; scrape entire mixture with a fork until fluffy.