Corn Spinach Stuffed Mini Peppers
Introducing the Bailey Farms Sweet Mini-Peppers. The unique size and taste characteristics of this pepper offer a wide range of recipe options and uses. They are great for parties – just stuff, bake and enjoy!
- 8-10 sweet mini peppers
- 1.5 teaspoon teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, fat, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup sweet corn
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach, tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and cook for another 1-2 minute.
- Add chopped spinach and mix well.
- Add sweet corn to the pan. I used frozen corn and put them in warm water for 5 minutes before adding it to the pan.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well. Cook for 2 minutes or till mixture dries out a bit.
- Transfer the spinach corn mixture to a bowl and add sour cream, shredded parmesan cheese and garlic salt.
- Mix till everything is well combined. Taste test and adjust salt and pepper accordingly.
- Wash and pat dry the mini peppers and cut them into half. Remove the seeds and set aside.
- Take each half and fill it with the spinach-corn-cheese mixture. I was able to fill 9 mini peppers with this amount of filling.
- Bake at 375 F degrees for 20 minutes till the top is bubbly and peppers are soft. Serve immediately!