Cilantro Lime Salad
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. cilantro leaves, lightly packed
- 3 tbsp. lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. agave nectar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Bellafina peppers, sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- a couple large handfuls of lettuce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- guacamole, prepared
- Mexican cheese of choice, optional
- Make dressing. In a blender or food processor, add ingredients and blend until incorporated, about 30 seconds. Store covered in fridge. Can be made ahead of time.
- Make salad. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in peppers and onions and saute for about 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- In the same skillet, toast tortillas until browned on both sides.
- Add lettuce to plates. Top with peppers and onions, tortilla strips, black beans, guacamole, and cheese.
- Top with dressing and serve.