Chicken With Sweet Peppers and Balsamic Vinegar
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
Yield 4 Servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced bell peppers (Red,Yellow,orange,green)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons high-quality balsamic vinegar
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of the oil.
- Saute the chicken over med-high heat, turning once, until golden on both sides, about 8 mins total.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the remaining (2 Tbsp) of oil to the skillet and reduce the heat to medium.
- Cook the bell peppers and onion, stirring often, until just softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Stir in about half the basil and all the vinegar.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to med-low. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining basil and season with salt and pepper.