BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
- 3 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 (49 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red Bellafina pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow Bellafina pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a large skillet; add chicken broth. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from skillet, and let stand 15 minutes or until cool to touch. Shred chicken.
- Combine shredded chicken, celery, water chestnuts, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir together mayonnaise, ground red pepper, salt, and white pepper until well blended; spoon over shredded chicken mixture, stirring to coat. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Shrimp Salad: Substitute 3 pounds chopped cooked shrimp for chicken breasts and broth. Do not cook. Reduce mayonnaise to 2 cups and salt to 1/4 teaspoon. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Adapted from a recipe by Gina Jester, Fairfield Grocery & Market, Southern Living