Caramelized Bellafina Peppers and Onions
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
- , cut into strips
- 2 red onions, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch dried basil
- In a hot saucepan over a medium heat, combine red peppers, onion, oil and butter; saute for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions and peppers soften.
- If desired, stir red wine into the vegetables and cook until the wine evaporates; approximately 30 minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and basil.