Bellafina Pepper-Basil Raviolettis
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
Makes: 4 servings
Serving Size: 1 1/4cup
- 1 9 – ounce package refrigerated cheese mini ravioli
- 2-3 Bellafina peppers, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan according to package directions omitting any salt or fat and adding the chopped red sweet pepper the last 1 minute of cooking time.
- Place the chicken in a colander, drain pasta over the chicken mixture in colander, gently shake off excess water, reserving 2 tablespoons of the pasta water. Place the pasta mixture on a serving platter and sprinkle with pasta water, basil and olive oil, toss gently. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and top with the parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings (1-1/4 cups each)
- Test Kitchen Tip: For extra heat, add 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Adapted from Diabetic Living