Basil Hummus Stuffed Mini Peppers
BellaFina™ peppers may be used to create a wide variety of recipes, from appetizers to main dishes. BellaFina peppers are often used in salads, vegetables trays with or without dip, cooked in stews and sauces and stuffed with meat, cheese and grains.
Grown on the vine in the field, BellaFina peppers are a great source of vitamins and nutrients. They are low calorie, fat free, sodium free and high in Vitamin C.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 2 pounds mini bell peppers
- Slice off the tops of the peppers and remove the seeds inside with either a knife or your finger.
- Place chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, basil and salt and pepper in a food processor.
- With the processor running, drizzle in the olive oil.
- Scrape down the sides and process again, this time adding the water until the hummus is nice and smooth.
- Spoon the hummus into a plastic bag. Squeeze the hummus down into one of the corners of the bag, snip off the tip and use it like a pastry bag to fill the hollowed out peppers.